Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Welcome

Your word is like a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. (Psalm 119:105 - NCV)

Welcome to 365 Forum, a blog especially published for Aloha Church of God. You've been provided a The Bible in 365 card, which I hope will help keep you on track as you read through your Bible this year. Reading the Bible is one of our most cherished spiritual disciplines (read: good spiritual habits), and yet few have read through the entire book, and even fewer make it a priority to read it every day. The goal of 365 Forum is to motivate more people to develop the good spiritual habit of reading the Bible every day, and to help them read with understanding. In fact, developing that every day habit is more important than whether or not one finishes reading through the Scriptures in a single year.

One of my self-expectations is to keep my blog posts below an average of 250 words. That's going to be difficult, due to the nature of the blog, but for now, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. If we have to revisit that, we will.

Between now and January 1st, I'll be sharing more details about 365 Forum, and giving you some tips for reading the Bible and for interpreting what you read. How often I update this blog will be determined, in large part, by your participation. Come back every day.

This seriously could be part of God's plan to change your life for the better in 2009.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to start 'The Bible in 365 Days'!...I love the structured reading plan! I am even more excited to know that I am giving God more opportunities to speak to me through His word, and I am looking forward to hearing other people's comments regarding their interpretations of the Bible.

    ReplyDelete