Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Can You Say "Participation"?

Okay, the time is just about here. Our reading in Genesis begins in two days. It's time for the Bible-reading hoards to come out of the woodwork!

This is dangerous, because it may reveal that no one is reading, which would be understandable since our weather has made promoting this blog difficult.

But I'd love to know if you're reading along. If you are, do me a favor. Give me a little fist bump, preferably in the form of a comment to this post, or if that doesn't work for you, flash me some email traffic. If even that's too high tech for you... then you're probably not reading a blog.

Also, if you still need a The Bible in 365 card, let me know and I'll get you one. I'm hoping to list the readings for January in the left column (if I can figure out how). I know that little parenthetical qualifier is going to lead to several people sending me instructions. Don't. I'm a man. I don't read instructions, and I want to figure it out myself.

That brings up an interesting point. The word Torah, which denotes the first five books of the Old Testament, or more loosely all of Scripture, can be translated as instruction. Sometimes we can indulge our male impatience and skip the directions. When it comes to God's Word, we man up by taking the time to read and to submit ourselves to God's instruction.

So, Man Up! You, too, ladies.

4 comments:

  1. I am still trying to figure out what was on that slide in the Christmas Eve service that didn't work. Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am committed to reading the 365 and being part of the forum. I think it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in! This year, I will be reading through the TNIV (Today's New International Version) Bible. Also, the MP3 audio Bible I have chosen to listen to during 2009 is read from the Updated New American Standard Bible. I am excited to begin another journey through God's Word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting. Hopefully some others will join us along the way. Garth, if you ever want to use the Reading Links, it defaults to the New Internation Version (NIV), but once you're there, you can choose many versions, including Today's New Internation Version (TNIV).

    ReplyDelete