Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'm Not the Bible Answer-Man

The more I study the Bible, the more aware I am of how much I still don't know. I have a lot more to learn. That’s great; I love learning.

As we read together, I fully expect to learn from you... from your comments and from your questions. I can't give definitive answers for every question, but I can at least help steer the discussion, and maybe access some resources you don't have.

Much of what I share will be, admittedly, my opinion. It wouldn't be fair for me to declare, This is the way it is, without acknowledging others might see things differently. You might disagree with my assessment. That's okay.

But don’t expect me to say, every time, This is just my opinion. I’m confessing that here and now. Occasionally I’ll remind you, but consider yourself warned as of now. And anyone who tells you differently is either mistaken or not being up front with you. Biblical scholars have reached consensus on many topics, but there are some things we’re never going to agree about.

Some day we’ll ask Jesus, What’s the truth? He’ll answer, I am the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment