Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 288: Matthew 4, 5 and 6

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. (Matthew 5:9)

Allow me to paraphrase: How fortunate are those who don't content themselves with being spectators at a fight, but who step in and initiate reconciliation, who take a volatile situation and guide it to resolution; and who, rather than say, "There's no hope," bring the encouraging word, "Give peace a chance." People like that resemble their heavenly Father, and people notice.

What if I refused to stoke a conflict, applying water to smoldering fires rather than gasoline? What if I actively advocated for peace, smoothing ruffled feathers and calming frenzied spirits? And what if I had the kind and volume of peace in my life that overflowed to those around me?

[Peacemakers] will be called sons of God. When we stand up for peace, and when we allow ourselves to be used as conduits for peace, those whom we influence will recognize in us the DNA of our heavenly Father. We will be called sons of God.

What do people call you?

No comments:

Post a Comment