Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 41: Numbers 7, 8 and 9

They may assist . . . but they themselves must not do the work. (Numbers 8:26)
If you read Chapter 7, you probably join me in being thankful there were only twelve tribes. Am I right?
Chapter 8 includes Israel's blueprint for aprenticeship, career, mentoring and retirement. Notice that Levite men could start working at age 25. After a 25-year career, they encountered the Levitical retirement requirement. But they didn't move to Florida to play shuffleboard the rest of their lives. They retired to teach.
They may have initiated the age old mentoring formula: 1) I do; 2) I do, you help; 3) You do, I help; 4) You do.
Who mentored you? Who are you mentoring? When you hang up your spurs, who's going to take your place?

No comments:

Post a Comment