Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 224: Isaiah 49, 50 and 51

I will not forget you. See, I have [carved] you on the palms of my hands. (Isaiah 49:15,16)
In their Babylonian captivity, no doubt many Jews wondered if God had given up on them. Maybe some of them, in their despair, gave up on God.
We read in Isaiah 49:14, Zion said, The Lord has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me.
But God makes it clear such is not the case. Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget [as unlikely as that is], I will not forget you. See, I have [carved] you on the palms of my hands (Isaiah 49:15,16).
But God is forgetful about one thing.
I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more (Jeremiah 31:34).
God forgets your sin, but he'll never forget you!
Have you ever felt forgotten by God?

No comments:

Post a Comment